Wednesday, March 07, 2007

We're Back!

OK So a lot has happened since I last wrote to myself. (I don't think that anyone actually reads this) Amy asked me to marry her and after some convincing I said 'yes'! Then in February we moved to Ocean Shores, WA. This town doesn't even have a stoplight! It was more of culture shock going from Portland to here than Mississippi to Portland. There ain't ANYTHING going on here 'cept the rent! It's ok cause our house is a cool loft and it'll help us save money for the wedding.
Getting engaged was interesting. We said when I get my credit card bill paid I would get her a ring, and she was thinking that I hadn't done anything about it. Meanwhile I had her ring custom made in secret. On Jan 24th we both had the day off and were planning to go to Multnomah Falls and check it out.



















The day before I went and picked up the ring and stuck it in my jacket pocket- planning to give it to her at the top of the falls. We made the hike up to the top and it kinda sucked, It was a small wooden deck that didn't stick out over the falls, and there was a family sitting there eating- not very romantic...

So I was thinking quickly- where should I ask her? We decided to keep following the trail and see where it went. About 100 yards up the trail there was a cool little area on the creek that made the falls that had some big rocks and mossy trees. Amy was saying how pretty it was and how she liked spots that looked like this, and that she wanted to get a picture there.

So quickly I debated myself and said What the hell? she told me the place was pretty and there might not be a cooler spot... so I took it. I set the camera to take 10 pictures to get the sequence of me askin' her and her reaction. It took me forever to get the camera set and she was getting bored standing there by herself.















Finally I got it set and pressed the button and ran over to the spot. The ring was in my Napoleon pocket in my jacket and I was digging around for it. Pictures were snapping away and here I am digging in my pocket... Amy was saying "Baby, look at the camera. BABY, what are you doing?" Finally I realized that the ring was in my OTHER Napoleon pocket- NICE! So I grabbed it and real quick just said- with all the subtlety that I'm famous for, "Baby, will you marry me?" She screamed" Oh my god!" right in my face and got teary, then said yes and made me hug her for abouty 5 minutes straight...




























We hiked a little further up the trail but we were just thinking and talking about how she was suprised and had no idea about the ring and how I thought she knew and was playing it all out.


5 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

awww. that is so incredibly romantic. you did good jeff. i can't wait to see y'all at the wedding!

9:28 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Finally!!! Thought you would NEVER get anything written about the big event (to precede the BIG event). Enjoyed the pictures ... glad to see the whole sequence -- not just the surprised picture. It was fun to get to be a part of that ...

5:42 PM

 
Blogger Kaygan's Spot said...

Hey Babe's
this is an awesomely romantic way to propose. Jeff you are either gay or that is some really good booty! I am
pretty sure it's the latter. Please continue your blog entry's. You have no idea how much you are missed. Hope to see you in person soon

3:49 PM

 
Blogger Todd Williams said...

F'nJamie

Way to go, that's a great way to remember the big moment. Amy's face says it all in the last pic of the series.

Good to see ya'll breakin' in the Marmot and having some fun.

6:13 PM

 
Blogger Todd Williams said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home